Oakwoods Baptist offers a Children’s Worship service each Sunday morning at the 11:00 hour. Our goal is to communicate a time of reverence, praise and worship in a loving and safe environment bringing glory to God and leading the children of OBC and our community to a relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and to enable them to defend their faith in Christ as they share the Gospel message with others.
Currently, the Children's Worship attendees are doing a year long Bible study including the Books of the Bible, maps, and timelines.
If you would like additional information on the Children's Worship program, feel free to email or call our church office.
Our children need our heartfelt prayers every day. Below is a list of thirty-one important items that you can reference as part of those daily prayers. You can pray one item each day of the month or pray all 31 each day. The important thing is to pray for your children and grandchildren. If you would like a copy of this list, it is also available on our 'Documents' link.
“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6)
31 Things to Pray for Your Children
- For their moral purity. (Prov. 5:7-23; 1 Thess. 4:3-8)
- To obey and respect authority. (Ex. 20:12)
- For God to draw them to Himself at an early age. (John 3:3)
- Protection from the schemes of Satan. (Eph. 6:10)
- To know and love God’s Word. (Ps. 119:9-11)
- That they would glorify God in whatever health or life circumstances He gives them, rejoicing always. (1 Thess. 5:18)
- For them to be wise. (wisdom of the Lord – Prov. 1:7)
- To have and be a special friend (David and Jonathan – 1 Sam. 20)
- They would endure hardship in fellowship with Christ. (Col. 1:24)
- That their “yes” would be a “yes” and their “no” would be a “no”. (Matt. 5:37)
- They would be equally yoked to a godly spouse (2 Cor. 6:14)
- To be humble, desiring for God to have the glory. (2 Tim. 4:18)
- That their life would be used to promote God’s kingdom. (Matt. 28:18-20)
- To understand grace and so live out the law of Christ. (Titus 2:11)
- That my girl(s) would have a quiet and gentle spirit and my boy(s) would be the spiritual leader of his family.
- A hunger and thirst for God’s righteousness. (Matthew 5:6)
- Identify with their femaleness/maleness as God created them.
- To hate evil and avoid it… To get caught when they disobey. (Proverbs 4:14)
- To be a hard worker. (Col. 1:28-29)
- Think biblically and have a Christian worldview. (2 Cor. 10:5)
- Be an encourager to others. (Heb. 10:24)
- Have a love and passion for the Church. (Eph. 4:14-16)
- Be salt and light. (Matt. 5:13-16)
- Be secure in whom God has made them to be. (Eph. 1)
- Know that they are deeply loved. (Psalm 103)
- Live selflessly, not selfishly. (2 Tim. 4:5)
- Love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength. (Matthew 22:37-39)
- Love others. (Matthew 22:37-39)
- That they would have honesty with the Lord, themselves and others. (1 John 1:1-9)
- Be faithful stewards of all the treasures and talents God entrusts to them (1 Tim. 6:6-10)
- That they would live by an eternal perspective. (Phil. 2:20)
Compiled by Byron Peters, Durham, NC